"Knowledge becomes wisdom when it becomes your personal experience."
- Dr. Scott Lyons
Dr. Scott Lyons (PhD, MS, MFA, CHT, BMCP/T, RSMT, SME, BMCP, IDME, SEP, CST, BFA, RYT-500) is a Clinical Psychologist and Mind-Body Medicine practitioner who specializes in therapies for infants, youth, and adults.
- Trauma Therapist
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
- Thai Massage Practitioner
- Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Mindfulness-based Executive Coach
- Experiential Anatomy/Developmental Movement and Yoga Practitioner
- 500-hour registered yoga teacher
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Certified Body-Mind Centering Teacher and Practitioner
- Cranio-Sacral Therapist
- Visceral Manipulation Therapist
- Neuro-Developmental Therapist
- Infant Developmental Movement Educator
- Registered Movement Therapist and Educator
- Reiki Master
Additionally, Dr. Lyons holds a BFA in Theater/Psychology, and an MFA in Dance/Choreography.
Scott is the co-creator of Embodied Flow™ and has had the privilege of teaching Embodied Flow™ and Body-Mind Centering™ workshops and trainings throughout the United States, Europe, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. He was an adjunct professor at New York University from 2007-2010 where he co-taught the Viewpoints Studio with Mary Overlie. As an artist, Scott’s work has been performed at BAM, Symphony Space, Dance New Amsterdam as well as theaters throughout the United States and Europe.
Foundational to Scott’s teaching is the principle that we can, through intention, expand our capacity to meet and be met.
In this way, we can offer the profound gift to our self, others, and the environment of being heard, seen, and feeling felt at a cellular level.